Writing comes with a lot of specifications and patterns. Every written document has its own set of rules that one has to keep in mind to avoid getting a bad grade or putting a bad impression on the readers. Whether you are a school student or a college student, it is necessary to pass the writing assignments and papers so that you can proceed further. Instructors throughout the world focus on this a lot and make sure you do not mess up things. To write an essay you have to add meaningful content and citations. There are many citation styles. You can opt for any one of them and format your written document according to its rules.
To make work easier and convenient there are many options online that you can look up to. A reliable write my paper service can solve your problem. If you want to seek guidance and then write on your own then that is a great approach too. For that, you need to do a lot of practice first and proofread your document so that you do not make mistakes.
Some students find it so hard to choose a topic and develop a strong thesis on that. Some others are so natural about it because they like to pen down their ideas and thoughts. Either way, there is no running away from such assignments or tasks. You can pay for essay online if you are short on time or need help. There are professionals willing to help you out.
Many students get confused with the referencing styles. There are multiple citation formats and styles such as MLA, APA, Harvard and AMA etc. Harvard citation style is used worldwide and liked by many. It has some specifications that make it distinct from others.
Do not worry if you do not know that because that is exactly what I am going to tell you here. So let’s get started.
- In Harvard format, the citation is in-text and a reference page is made at the end of your written document.
- Credit should be given where it is due and it is a general rule. So for that purpose, it is important to mention the author whose article etc. you have consulted. Author names should not be missing from the sources.
- The reference page is organized alphabetically according to the name of the author.
- If there is no author name mentioned then it is ordered by title and date.
- You have to exclude ‘a’, ‘an’ and ‘the’ while arranging alphabetically.
- If multiple works by the same author have to be cited then arrange it according to the date in the reference page.
- Title should be a part of it.
- The references should be double spaced in such a way that there should definitely be a blank line between one source and the other.
- Your document has to contain full references for the in-text citations.
- If different editions of the same work have to be added then their dates have to be separated by a semicolon within a parenthesis.
Everyone deserves to be remembered when their work is used just as we mention the name of the person whose quote we use in our documents. That is why citing your sources is very important.
For Harvard citation style just follow the above-mentioned points and you will be good to go. Do not mix up different citation styles because they will not be appreciated by your instructor or the readers. Good luck with your work, mate!